Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Have you ever seen a recipe like this? I havent! It came from my mothers collection (she has some great stuff!) I thought it wold be a simple,fun treat for around fall.8) **I estimated the cooking time,as I have yet to try this one yet!**
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger or 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Put molasses,butter,sugar& cinnamon/ginger in large saucepan.
- Cook to 300,or to hard crack stage.
- Pour the mixture into buttered pans.
- Cut into bars,and wrap in waxed paper.
I really liked these, and I'll probably always keep some on hand. I call it "molasses candy" or "ginger candy", because it is more of a hard candy than the name "bar" would have me expect. They're powerful and very tasty! I'm looking for a silicone ice cube tray or mini-muffin tin to make them in, so I don't have to cut them.