Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Be warned! This is a time consumer.But if you'd like to end a dinner party with something spectacular,this is well worth the effort.It came from a MS cookbook "Delicious Desserts".
- 12 ounces butter
- 1 lb caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 11 ounces plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 12 fresh cherries
- 1 1⁄2 pints whipping cream, whipped
- icing sugar
- Cut 14 x 9" circles of greaseproof paper and grease each lightly.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.Beat in the eggs one at a time.Sift the flour with the cinnamon and fold this into the mix.
- Divide this into 14 portions.Using a palette knife,spread each portion onto a circle of greaseproof paper.
- Bake these, two at a time,on wetted baking sheets in a pre-heated oven(190degC) for 10 minutes.Leave until cold before peeling off the greaseproof paper.
- Layer the cinnamon rounds,spreading each one with the whipped cream.Dust the top with icing sugar and decorate with the cherries.