1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Fruit Salad Under a Cloud of Meringue
I am always trying to find ways to get more fruits and vegetables into my diet and my childrens' diet. This was a lovely dessert. I make it in 1 big bowl (much easier for a busy mom) but you could put it in 6 small ramekins for a prettier presentation. Adapted from a recipe in "Hey Mom! I'm Hungry!" by Susan Powter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 450.
- 2Slice the bananas and chop the apples.
- 3Combine all the fruit in a large oven-proof bowl or casserole.
- 4Add the honey through the lemon juice and mix well.
- 5Beat the egg whites until they are nice and frothy.
- 6Slowly add the sugar while beating.
- 7Beat to stiff peaks.
- 8Spread the meringue over the top of the fruit, sealing all the fruit inches.
- 9Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the top of the meringue is mildly browned.
- 10Can be served warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Fruit Salad Under a Cloud of Meringue
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.7
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g