Recipe by LAURIE
From a Swedish cookbook left to me by my dear Swedish neighbor. These are awesome, I never thought to just make fritters with nothing but cinnamon! I have yet to make them but when Millie made them I was always sure to get some.
Top Review by PinkCherryBlossom
Somewhere this went horribly wrong after mixing my ingredients together I didn't have an elastic dough, I had a pancake batter! I have no idea where i went wrong but i went ahead and fried em anyway! My cinnamon pancakes were very nice, strong cinnamon flavour and I also dusted them with cinnamon sugar to add to it. I think I will try again someday but fry them in much less oil...
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup water (or less)
- 4 -5 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups oil, for fryiing
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter.
- Knead in flour and 2 tsp cinnamon until dough is firm, may need more or less flour than 1 cup.
- Add the water gradually and knead again.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time and knead until dough becomes elastic.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in deep pan.
- Drop pieces of dough into hot oil.
- Let fritters cook until golden brown.
- Mix sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon.
- Roll warm fritters in cinnamon sugar.
- Serve immediately with raspberry or strawberry jam.