No need to go to the Mexican restaurant for fried ice cream any more ! Try this at home. Delicious
Make and share this Cinnamon 'Fried' Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cinnamon toast crunch cereal, crushed
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream (1/2 cup each)
- Place cereal in shallow pan.
- Quickly roll 1 scoop of ice cream at a time in cereal to coat.
- Place coated scoops of ice cream in ungreased jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch.
- Cover and freeze about 2 hours or until firm.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Uncover pan.
- Broil scoops with tops 6 inches from heat about 30 seconds or until coating is light brown.
Wow! This is a very simple and yet impressive dessert to serve to guests. I chose this dessert to finish off a mexican themed dinner party for 12 guests, so I doubled the recipe. I made the ice cream balls the night before and froze them in the deep freeze so they would be solid. To serve these, I brushed 3 plain tortillas with butter, cut them into quarters, and then sprinkled them with cinnamon and sugar. I baked them until crisp and then let them cool. While broiling the ice cream balls, I topped each triangle with a dallop of whip cream, then added the ice cream, then some additonal whip cream and then a cherry on top. Simple, yet very impressive and a perfect ending to our meal! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!
This was very good and sweeeet. Thanks for posting.
My son loves fried ice cream, but with him being diabetic, he can't have it often. So I made this with low carb ice cream and whole wheat cinnamon toast crunch, he loved it, thanks for a great recipe, I am sure my son will request this often.