Recipe by BrendaM
No need to go to the Mexican restaurant for fried ice cream any more ! Try this at home. Delicious
Top Review by * Pamela *
Wow! This is a very simple and yet impressive dessert to serve to guests. I chose this dessert to finish off a mexican themed dinner party for 12 guests, so I doubled the recipe. I made the ice cream balls the night before and froze them in the deep freeze so they would be solid. To serve these, I brushed 3 plain tortillas with butter, cut them into quarters, and then sprinkled them with cinnamon and sugar. I baked them until crisp and then let them cool. While broiling the ice cream balls, I topped each triangle with a dallop of whip cream, then added the ice cream, then some additonal whip cream and then a cherry on top. Simple, yet very impressive and a perfect ending to our meal! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!
- 3 cups cinnamon toast crunch cereal, crushed
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream (1/2 cup each)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cereal in shallow pan.
- Quickly roll 1 scoop of ice cream at a time in cereal to coat.
- Place coated scoops of ice cream in ungreased jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch.
- Cover and freeze about 2 hours or until firm.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Uncover pan.
- Broil scoops with tops 6 inches from heat about 30 seconds or until coating is light brown.