Recipe by lizschlie
Delicous dessert especially when peaches are in season. Very good when served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream while warm!!
- 4 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches (blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds to remove the skins)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, to top after crust has been set on top of cobbler filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Generously butter a 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Place the sliced peaches in teh dish and prinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and flour.
- Mix gently and spread evenly again.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine all dry ingredients for cobbler crust in a bowl.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or your fingers, to make the texture like coarse crumbs.
- Add buttermilk, and stir to form a soft dough.
- Remove fruit from oven and drop rounded spoonfulls of dough on top. Sprinkle with last tablespoon of brown sugar and return to oven.
- Bake until fruit is bubbly and crust topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes.