Recipe by Bec
For a nice breakfast or brunch.
Top Review by LainieBug
We loved the cinnamon French toast, but I got mixed reviews on the apples. I thought it was yummy and others did not really care for the combination. Can't please all the people all the time, LOL. I'll be making this again for the ones who loved it!
- 2 -3 golden delicious apples, peeled cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ground cinnamon
- 6 slices bread
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 dash vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook peeled, cored and sliced apples in water about 8 minutes over medium-low heat or until tender.
- Remove apples and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, cinnamon, sugar and 2 tablespoons water- Mix until smooth.
- Cook until thickened and clear.
- Add apples.
- Beat eggs with milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Dip each bread slice in mixture- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot and top with poached apple slices.