Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
A super kid-friendly breakfast treat and so quick and easy to prepare. I found this on Mr.Breakfast.com while in search of waffle recipes to use with my new waffle iron. My grandkids love this stuff; hope you do too. NOTE: This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled . . . French toast and waffles together! The best of both worlds!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute (or 1 egg)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- vegetable cooking spray
- Spray waffle iron with vegetable oil spray and preheat.
- In a medium-sized shallow bowl, stir together the egg, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Dip bread into mixture, making sure to soak up all of mixture between the two slices.
- Place one slice of bread in the center of iron and close it.
- Cook 4-5 minutes. Waffle is done when no steam is coming from the waffle iron.
- Serve with your favorite syrup and/or toppings of choice.