1/3 Photos of Cinnamon French Toast
My son loves this recipe for french toast. I use most of the same ingredients that I put into a cinnamon roll which gives it great flavor. I like to eat them plain but my son definately goes for the syrup. I turn on the oven to 200º and slip a piece of aluminum foil on my top rack. As I cook the french toast I just pop the finished slices in the oven to keep them warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thoroughly beat together eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl until mixed well. Add a pinch of salt if desired.
- 2Add milk and mix again.
- 3Place a small pat of butter in a large nonstick skillet on medium low heat. Once butter has melted dip bread into the egg/milk mixture. Just do a quick dip to coat the bread. Place bread into the pan. I usually work with three slices at a time.
- 4Place another small pat of butter in the pan. Once the butter has melted flip the bread over. This allows both sides of the bread to get that yummy buttery flavor.
- 5Continue to cook until both sides are browned nicely. Place finished slices in the oven while you cook the rest.
- 6Beat the mixture each time before dipping the bread. This brings the cinnamon up from the bottom of the bowl.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.9
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 278.9 mg
- Sodium 770.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 13.9 g