Recipe by Konnie
For puffy French toast, prepare egg mixture in a large shallow glass dish. Add bread slices, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices French bread (1 inch thick diagonally cut) or 8 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick diagonally cut)
- cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- In a shallow bowl, using a wire whisk or fork, beat the egg and egg whites until foamy.
- Add the milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Beat well and then set aside.
- Lightly spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Dip four of the bread slices into the egg mixture, turning to coat and draining excess back in dish.
- Place bread slices in skillet.
- Cook until golden brown, turning once, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked slices to a plate; keep warm in oven .
- Repeat with remaining bread slices, spraying pan as necessary.
- Serve with cinnamon sugar and serve.