Recipe by MUNCHIES 456
A delicious, hearty breakfast. A modification of my grandmother's old recipe!
Top Review by MissMary1984
Great french toast.....needed lots of cinnamon, but that's just my preference. Much better with thick sliced bread than just plain white bread, plain white bread gets a bit soggy.
- 4 slices of store bought cinnamon-swirl bread (thick slices)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice cinnamon bread thickly.
- Crack the eggs into the shallow dish. Add milk & vanilla. Whisk well.
- Following the whisking, add a few shakes of ground cinnamon to the egg mixture. Soak each slice of bread in the mixture on both sides until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Have a griddle greased with cooking spray ready and place the soaked bread on it. (frying pans work as well) Cook until the bread is golden brown on each side, flipping in between.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, fresh fruit, or whatever you prefer.