Recipe by Karen=^..^=
I just saw these online and thought they would be great for Superbowl or any Sunday game get-together.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Well, I doubled the recipe. Lot of football to watch today, and figured they would be all gone by game time. Anyway, outstanding flavor and taste. A 4 star rating because they were done in 10 minutes, and almost burnt, but great cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 24 whole blanched almonds
Easy Decorating Glaze
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2-3 teaspoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix brown sugar, butter and vanilla in large bowl. Work in flour, cinnamon and salt until dough holds together.
- Shape dough by scant tablespoonfuls around almonds to form football shapes. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely.
- Place Easy Decorating Glaze in decorating bag filled with writing tip #3. Make football laces on cookies.
- Easy Decorating Glaze:.
- Mix powdered sugar and just enough water to make paste that can be piped from decorating bag.