YUMMY and EASY! Kids and adults love it :) I don't remember where I got this recipe...I just have it written on an index card, but it has been requested of me many times. Makes 2 - 9 inch cakes, so there is enough to go around!
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease well two 9" round pans.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add melted butter and milk and stir until well blended.
- Divide mixture evenly into two prepared pans.
- Sprinkle tops evenly with flour, then brown sugar, then cinnamon.
- Push chunks of butter evenly spaced into dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes and cool slightly.
- Cut and serve right out of pans.
I made this for breakfast a couple days ago. I put the coffee on first thing when I got up, then slapped it together. The coffee was just finishing when I popped it in the oven. Made my husband's thermos, poured my first cup, put on another pot of coffee, then packed hubby's lunch. The "FLOP" was just ready to come out of the oven when I finished the lunch and got my husband up. He and I ate it warm out of the oven (he even wanted a piece added to his lunchbox), and the girls ate it room temperature when they got up. The family wiped it out entirely. Thumbs up from all of them!!!
Oh YUM!!!! This "Flop" is a total "Thumbs Up"! What a neat treat for breakfast this a.m. So easy to put together and have ready in jig time! Dandy little recipe, Karen. We really enjoyed. Thanks so much for posting another winner. Laudee C.
This was quick and easy. It's not as heavy or sweet as a crumb cake so it it nice for breakfast. I thought it tasted much better the next day rather than hot out of the oven. The only change I wade was to add a teaspoon of vanilla to the batter. When I want something quick, I will use this recipe again, but it will not replace my more flavorful crumb cake recipe when I have the extra time.