Recipe by Topher
I found this recipe while out surfing the internet and I knew I had to try it out. Went over really well at a church get-together.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk (save white)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- You will also need: cookie pan or sheet (with sides or something similar).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar; beat in yolk and vanilla.
- Beat in dry ingredients.
- Press dough in pan (may line pan with foil) and brush with egg white.
- Sprinkle with nuts and press inches.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove and immediately cut in shapes of your choice because it gets crisp quickly. Cool.