Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from the King Arthur Flour Whole grain baking cookbook.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips (optional)
- milk, for brushing
- demerara sugar or cinnamon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- preaheat oven to 375. Lightly grease and parchment paper line a 9 inch cake pan.
- Cinnamon flling-Mix first 4 ingredents onto paste and set aside.
- Dough-whisk dry ingredents together and cut in cold butter leaving some pieces pea size. Add cinnamon chips.
- whisk together wet ingredents and add to dry ingredents until dough forms.
- It will be really sticky but turn out the dough onto a floured surface and divide in half.
- gently knead and form into 2 -9 inch circles.
- Put one of the rounds into cake pan and then spread with cinnamon filling mixture.
- Top with second round and gently press to remove air pockets.
- cut into 12 pieces.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar of choice.
- bake @375 degrees until olden brown.