Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from the King Arthur Flour Whole grain baking cookbook.
Make and share this Cinnamon Filled Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips (optional)
- milk, for brushing
- demerara sugar or cinnamon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- preaheat oven to 375. Lightly grease and parchment paper line a 9 inch cake pan.
- Cinnamon flling-Mix first 4 ingredents onto paste and set aside.
- Dough-whisk dry ingredents together and cut in cold butter leaving some pieces pea size. Add cinnamon chips.
- whisk together wet ingredents and add to dry ingredents until dough forms.
- It will be really sticky but turn out the dough onto a floured surface and divide in half.
- gently knead and form into 2 -9 inch circles.
- Put one of the rounds into cake pan and then spread with cinnamon filling mixture.
- Top with second round and gently press to remove air pockets.
- cut into 12 pieces.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar of choice.
- bake @375 degrees until olden brown.