Dixie from Kansas's Note:
This recipe is from the King Arthur Flour Whole grain baking cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips (optional)
- milk, for brushing
- demerara sugar or cinnamon sugar
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- 1preaheat oven to 375. Lightly grease and parchment paper line a 9 inch cake pan.
- 2Cinnamon flling-Mix first 4 ingredents onto paste and set aside.
- 3Dough-whisk dry ingredents together and cut in cold butter leaving some pieces pea size. Add cinnamon chips.
- 4whisk together wet ingredents and add to dry ingredents until dough forms.
- 5It will be really sticky but turn out the dough onto a floured surface and divide in half.
- 6gently knead and form into 2 -9 inch circles.
- 7Put one of the rounds into cake pan and then spread with cinnamon filling mixture.
- 8Top with second round and gently press to remove air pockets.
- 9cut into 12 pieces.
- 10Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar of choice.
- 11bake @375 degrees until olden brown.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Filled Scones
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 207.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g