Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Flavored coffee beans never taste natural enough. This is an easy way to make a cinnamon flavored espresso using real cinnamon sticks. This is very much like Viennese coffee.
- Put about 6 or 7 Tablespoons of coffee beans in your coffee grinder.
- Add a small piece of cinnamon stick to the beans. Try a very small piece the first time. The idea is to get the aroma of the cinnamon in the coffee but not taste it fully in the drink. If you are crazy about cinnamon, put in a bit more. Personally, I like to put in a very small sliver.
- Grind the coffee beans and the cinnamon together.
- Make espresso as usual using whatever machine you usually use.
- Add sugar and/or milk if desired.
Ground my beans and cinnamon for my French press pot, and made a great cinnamon-caramel latte with sugar-free caramel syrup. The cinnamon really added some zing to the coffee. made for Spring 2008 PAC.
I really enjoyed this midafternoon pick me up. Rich, bold and spicy. It was very easy to make with great results . The freshIy ground cinnamon is nice and mellow. I can't wait to share this with my dh, his preferred spice is cinnamon and he is going to love this. Thanks for sharing, I will be making this often.
I must be honest and admit to using espresso powder but the cinnamon stick is real enough. Lovely, rich, espresso with out the cost of those "high end" places. I loved this as a mid morning sipper. Made for PAC, Spring '08.