Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another "mix" recipe from pancake mix. I suppose any kind of pancake mix should work. Very fast snack/treat for the kids!
- 1 1⁄4 cups jiffy pancake and waffle mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In an electric fry pan or heavy skillet, heat approximately 1 inch of fat or oil to 375°.
- Combine pancake mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, water and egg.
- Stir just until pancake mix is moistened.
- Drop from a teaspoon into hot fat. .
- Brown on both sides, then drain on paper towels.
- Blend sugar and cinnamon together in plastic or paper bag. .
- Add a few doughnuts at a time; shake to coat. Serve warm.
We made this recipe for a pitch-in breakfast. It was easy to make and delicious!
I just tried these. They were really good. I just made dounut holes. I was worried about the middle getting done, if I made them bigger. I used complete pancake mix. They turned out just fine.
A quick and easy snack you can make for your kids with ingredients you probably already have in the pantry. I used a complete pancake mix because that's what I had on hand. Maybe next time I'll use a baking mix. My oil was too hot and it left the inside a little doughy, but they were still yummy.