Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like recipes that are tasty and easy. This is just that kind. I've made these for years and my family loves them. I don't remember where I got the recipe but it is a good one. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine pancake mix, sugar, vanilla and milk, stirring until blended.
- Drop rounded half-teaspoons into hot fat, frying 4-6 balls at a time.
- Fry until brown and drain on paper towels.
- Roll warm doughnut balls in mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- For large amounts, mix and fry consecutive batches.
- DO NOT DOUBLE THE RECIPE: The longer the batter stands, the more leavening power it loses.
Quick, easy, and fun to eat :) I definitely recommend this recipe, but I think it needs just a bit more Bisquick to stiffen it up a bit. Use a HEAPING cup and you're good to go!
This little guys were great! I actually made two batches...the first one i messed up cause it was really runny so i threw it out and started over. The second batch was much better. We had them with the cinnamon and with powdered sugar, both of which were fantastic. Thanks so much for such a yummy recipe. *Made for PAC Spring 2009*
These were delicious!!! My kids gobbled them up as quickly as I made them.