Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of the many recipes my great-great aunt clipped from the newspaper.
Make and share this Cinnamon Disc Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Mix the margarine, sugar, egg and vanilla until creamy.
- Blend in flour mixture. Chill 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape into balls using level tablespoon of dough.
- Mix nuts with the 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Roll balls in nut-cinnamon mixture. Place on greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes.
My mother made these often, and I could not find a recipe online that came close until this one. These are the "cinnamon discs" I remember from childhood. Thanks so much for the recipe.