Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is one of the many recipes my great-great aunt clipped from the newspaper.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, soft
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Mix the margarine, sugar, egg and vanilla until creamy.
- Blend in flour mixture. Chill 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape into balls using level tablespoon of dough.
- Mix nuts with the 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Roll balls in nut-cinnamon mixture. Place on greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes.
My mother made these often, and I could not find a recipe online that came close until this one. These are the "cinnamon discs" I remember from childhood. Thanks so much for the recipe.