Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
An old cookie recipe in our family.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Sift together flour and spices.
- Add brown sugar.
- Cut in butter till mixture is crumbly.
- Blend in egg yolk.
- Put 1/4 inch thick on 15x13 ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush top with beaten egg white. Sprinkle on top with nuts.
- Cut into diamond shapes.
- Bake in moderate oven (350°F) for 20 25 minutes or until crisp around edges.