Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This makes a huge amount of cupcakes, I am sure that you could freeze some and frost them later. I made these recently and baked them in fancy foil muffin liners, and took them to a senior's home, they were enjoyed by the residents and the staff, everyone wanted this recipe! I frosted these with my buttercream frosting, Kittencal's Bakery Buttercream Frosting/Icing with a teaspoon of almond extract added in to it but you can use your favorite frosting recipe to top these cupcakes
- 631.69 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 828.06 ml sugar
- 295.73 ml freshly brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 295.73 ml buttermilk
- 177.44 ml oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare regular muffin tins and line with paper liners.
- In a bowl sift together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a extra large bowl combine sugar, coffee, buttermilk, oil, eggs, egg yolks and vanilla; beat well with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add in the dry ingredients; beat on medium speed until blended, scraping bowl occasionally (about 4 minutes).
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter evenly between the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until puffed and the center is just firm to the touch.
- Transfer the cupcakes to racks and cool completely before frosting.
Oh Kit - AWESOME cupcakes!!! used Chocolate Buttercream Frosting for the frosting. Made half the recipe and used a bit less sugar. Loved the coffee in these muffins!! Used low-fat milk and added a bit of lemon juice to make buttermilk. Also used some chocolate kisses instead of chocolate chips... Thanks Kit! :)