Recipe by andypandy
This is a baked once biscotti but if you wish you can do the twice baked, for a drier and harder cookie.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, for glaze brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour, spice, salt, soda, nuts, and dates.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs with the oil, sugars, until dissolved.
- Pour egg mixture over flour mixture and combine well with wooden spoon, then turn out onto a floured board and knead until blended.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces and form each into a loaf about 10 inches long leaving four inches between each on a parchment lined sheet.
- Beat last egg with a fork and brush over the tops of unbaked loaves. Sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired.
- Bake 20 minutes to 25 minutes or until nice and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place parchment onto wire rack to cool.
- Place cooled loaves on a cutting board and slice 1/2 thick.
- Store when well cooled in a tight fitting tin.
- Can place slices back on parchment and toast another 5 minutes on each side for a twice baked cookie. This is optional.