Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 250 g lean pork, cut into bite-size pieces (8 oz)
- 2 onions, sliced into crescents
- 2 potatoes, cubed small
- 1 carrot, cubed small
- 1 large apple, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups stock or 4 cups water (1 litre)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons frying oil
- salt and pepper
- 310 g rice
- 15 g cinnamon
- Bring cinnamon to boil in 2 cups water, simmer covered until reduced to 1 cup; strain, discard pulp, reserve broth.
- Cook enough rice for 5 persons.
- Heat butter in a wok, add flour and stir well to mix and thicken; then add curry powder and stir well to mix; then add a little stock or water and mix well; return to boil, add carrot, potatoes, and apple, cover, simmer on low heat.
- In a separate wok or pan, stir-fry sliced pork quickly in a little oil along with garlic.
- Remove and reserve. When carrots and potatoes are almost done, add cinnamon broth, pork and onions to the pot, return to boil, simmer for a few minutes, then serve over rice.
Tasty, tasty, tasty! I cooked the rice & cinamon broth earlier in the day so dinner came together really quickly. Easy & delicious! I added a few TBs of unsweetened applesauce since I didn't have an apple to add. No leftovers. :) Made for My 3 Chefs 11/08.