Prep 53 hrs
Cook 53 hrs
*** You must use a non-reactive pot when preparing this recipe. ***
Make and share this Cinnamon Cucumber Rings recipe from Food.com.
- 2 gallons cucumbers
- 2 cups lime juice
- 1 tablespoon alum
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 (1 ounce) bottle red food coloring
- 2 cups vinegar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) package red-hot candies
- 10 cups sugar
- Peel and slice cucumbers into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Remove seeds.
- Cover cucumbers and lime juice with water and soak for 24 hours.
- Drain and rinse 4 times.
- Soak in cooled water for 3 hours.
- Combine alum, 1 cup vinegar and red food coloring.
- Put over cucumbers and add enough water to cover.
- Boil, then simmer for 2 hours.
- Drain and throw away the solution.
- Combine 2 cups vinegar, cinnamon, water, red hots and sugar.
- Bring to boil and pour over rings.
- Let set 24 hours.
- Drain and boil liquid again.
- Place rings in jars and pour hot liquid over rings and seal.
These are sooo good!!!! NO They are not a joke...try them! Change is good!