Recipe by CoffeeB
This is not your typical coffee cake recipe. A double treat in using coffee in the mix.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Because of the coffee ingredient, I didn't make this for here at home for rather for my other half to take to work & share, & from the reports I got several hours ago, it was a big hit (& devoured in no time at all by the 8 people in the office) ~ The great combo of coffee, coconut & cinnamon was mentioned several times, & I did take KITTENCAL's tip & included some cinnamon in the cake batter! And apparently it's a recipe that I'll be making again from time to time! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars recipe tag]
- 9 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups brewed decaffeinated coffee, cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat cake mix with eggs, oil and coffee in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Pour evenly into 2 greased (9 inch) round cake pans.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Stir in coconut and walnuts.
- Sprinkle evenly over cake batter.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire racks before removing cake layers from pans.