Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My stepmother's recipe. Especially good in cold weather!
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 5 medium cooking apples
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Coat an 11x7x2 baking dish with cooking spray; pour water into dish.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Arrange apple slices in prepared dish; coat lightly with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in butter to resemble coarse meal. Sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
Such an easy and wonderful recipe! Just served today and it was a great success. I will definitely be making this again. It was so nice to be able to do all the prep and clean up before the guests arrived and just pop the apples in the oven 30-35 minutes before we were ready to eat. Thank you for sharing!
Thanks Kly for sharing this applecrisp recipe. It reminds me of one my MIL makes. Yum. I used Jonathan apples in mine and baked in an 8x8. Perfect. Made for Springs PAC 08'
Klyn, you have a wonderful recipe here, & one well worth making again & again! I used a combination of several different apples [no big thing], but I also added a handful of raisins after soaking/simmering them for a little while in apple juice! I'm a raisin fan so will continue using them from time to time, but NEXT TIME I intend to follow the recipe exactly [some friends don't like the added buggers so well, so....]! Thank you much for your recipe! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Game