1/3 Photos of Cinnamon Crumble-Top Apple Pie
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 25 mins
This is a high apple pie with a thick layer of delicious topping, this pie is just wonderful! I have even added in some cranberries with the apples, if you are adding in cranberries, then reduce the apples slightly. Use only Granny Smith apples for this pie, and other kind will become mushy when baked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 prepared pastry dough, for one crust (use your own favorite pastry recipe or see my Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust)
- 4 lbs granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (or use all white sugar)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Prepare a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- 3For the filling: Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 4For the topping: in a food processor blend the flour, both sugars, cinnamon and salt until blended.
- 5Add in the cold butter using on/off turns process until the mixture blended, but still a little coarse.
- 6Place the prepared pie pastry into the bottom of the pie dish leaving about 1-inch overhand.
- 7Turn the crust under and flute.
- 8Toss the apple mixture once again before mounding into the pastry, then mound the mixture into the center.
- 9Pack the topping over and around the apples.
- 10Place the pie onto a baking sheet to catch any spills.
- 11Bake for about 40-45 minutes (covering top with foil if browning too quickly).
- 12After 40 minutes of baking, reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- 13Bake for another 45 minutes, or until the apples feel firm-tender when pierced with a fork and the filling is bubbling around the edges.
- 14Cool for 1 hours before slicing.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Crumble-Top Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.5
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 382.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 64.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g