1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Crumble Apple Pie
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Mims & Squims's Note:
Recipe includes crust, filling, & topping. Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream...or the way I like it: straight out of the refrigerator & cold! Note: prep time includes 30 minutes that dough is chilling in fridge
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup light margarine, chilled, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening, frozen, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons water, ice cold
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 1/4 lbs granny smith apples, peeled, cored, sliced 1/4 thick
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons light margarine, melted
- 1Make crust: Combine flour, salt, & sugar in large mixing bowl. Add margarine & shortening; mix by hand until coarse meal forms.
- 2In separate bowl, mix 3 T ice water & vinegar in small bowl. Add to flour mixture.
- 3Stir w/ fork, gradually adding more water if dough is dry.
- 4Gather dough into ball then flatten (do not roll yet). Wrap in saran wrap & refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 6Roll dough on floured surface to about 12” round. Place in 9” glass pie dish. Trim overhang to about ½”. Crimp with fork & refrigerate.
- 7Make filling: Mix all filling ingredients in large bowl to coat apples.
- 8Make topping: In food processor, blend flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, & salt.
- 9Add margarine & blend till mixture resembles wet sand.
- 10Toss filling pour in mound in center of crust. Pour & pack topping over and around filling.
- 11Cover with foil & place on baking sheet. Bake 40 minutes.
- 12Reduce oven temperature to 350°F Bake 30 minutes.
- 13Remove foil & bake 15 minutes more till bubbling at edges.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Crumble Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.3
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 224.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 55.4 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: