- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup very finely chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease jelly roll pan.
- Beat sugar, butter and egg yolk with spoon.
- Mix in flour and cinnamon.
- Press into pan.
- Beat egg white and water with fork until foamy.
- Brush over dough and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until light brown.
- Immediately cut into rows 8x6.
- Cool on wire rack.