Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
Crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Yum!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- colored sugar sprinkle, to roll cookies in
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Cream sugar, butter, shortening and eggs.
- In a seperate bowl sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; then beat into butter mix and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, roll in colored sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes.
- Temperature and time may vary according to your oven's accuracy (just eat the first one after it cooled off).
- Let cookies rest about 10 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
These cookies are very yummy! I used red sugar sprinkles cause that's all I had on hand, but it would be really fun to use all different colors for the holidays!