Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
Found in Taste of Home. Quick, simple and a delicious breakfast treat.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Combine flour and baking powder in a large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in milk and egg.
- Divide into three portions; shape each portion into a ball.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle a third over a pastry board or a surface.
- Roll one ball into a 12-in. circle; cut into 12 wedges.
- Roll up from wide edge.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and cinnamon-sugar.
- Place rolls with point side down on a lightly greased baking sheets; form into crescent shapes.
- Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned (do not overbake).
These were so tasty! My husband cleaned most of them off the plate. I halved the recipe which worked very nicely and still came out great! Just watch out because they do not brown. I ended up overcooking them a little bit because I was waiting for that "golden" color that crescent rolls usually turn. But then again I'm used to the ones that come in a tube. Maybe if you wash it in egg white it will brown up nicely. Thanks for the tasty and easy recipe!!