1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This unusual Mexican dessert is very rich and utterly delicious! This is so worth the time it takes. From Cook Now, Serve Later cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: use Basic Whole Wheat French Crepes, adding 2 tbls sugar, or crepe recipe of your choice with 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon and 1/8 tsp ground cloves added to the batter.
- 2In a small bowl, combine 1 tbls.
- 3of the milk, the cornstarch, and baking soda.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a large heavy saucepan, bring the remaining milk to a boil over moderate heat.
- 6Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cornstarch mixture.
- 7(The milk will bubble up.) Return to the heat, reduce the heat to low, and stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
- 8Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9Remove the cinnamon stick and continue to simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce is very thick-about 30 minutes more.
- 10Set aside.
- 11Meanwhile, melt the butter in a 7-inch skillet over moderate heat.
- 12Add the pecans, and saute, stirring frequently, until the nuts are toasted and the butter is browned-about 10 minutes.
- 13Remove from the heat.
- 14With a slotted spoon, remove the nuts and set aside.
- 15Reserve the butter.
- 16Preheat the oven to 325*F.
- 17Place a crepe with the more attractive side down, brush with the browned butter, and put 1 tbls.
- 18of caramel in the center.
- 19Fold the crepe in half, pressing gently to spread out the filling; then fold it in half again to form a wedge.
- 20Brush the edges with butter and place the crepe in a buttered, 13"x9"x2" baking dish.
- 21Repeat, overlapping the crepes slightly in the pan.
- 22*Atthis point the dessert can be stored.
- 23Cover the crepes with foil and place the nuts in a tightly covered container.
- 24Cool the sauce to room temperature, then cover tightly.
- 25Refrigerate all for up to 24 hours.
- 27Bake the crepes, uncovered, until heated through-8 to 10 minutes.
- 28Meanwhile, heat the remaining sauce over low heat, stirring frerquently, until warmed through-about 5 minutes.
- 29Drizzle the caramel over the crepes, then sprinkle with the pecans.
- 30Serves 6.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Crepes With Caramel Sauce and Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.5
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.2 mg
- Sodium 174.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: