Prep 21 mins
Cook 19 mins
A teacher I taught with brought these to the teacher's lounge once and we all loved them. I got the recipe from her. When ever I take these some place they are so-o-o-o much enjoyed that I am asked to bring them again the next time. This has happened repeatedly with two different groups with which I have regular meetings.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg yolk and 1/4 C sugar; mix well.
- Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin.
- Spread cream cheese over each slice to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Roll up diagonally from point to point.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cinnamon and 1 C sugar.
- Dip roll-ups in the melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place in an ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 16-19 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
So good. My one year old loved these...he couldn't stop with the mmmmm....'s lol. Thanks!
These are very tasty! I used the crustless bread, which made making this recipe a breeze. I was being very skimpy on spreading the cream cheese mixture at first because I thought that surely there wasn't enough mixture to go on all the bread pieces. Well, I was wrong and went back and slathered it on each piece! Delicious! I did expect these to be crispy, almost like they would be if you fried them, but they never did get that way completely. They had a thin crispy layer on the outside and the rest was soft and yummy! My kids devoured these!
I took this to our Christmas breakfast at the school where I teach and it was a hit. I had only one left, and it was quickly eaten by my son when I got home. And now I have to make another recipe so he has some to eat. Very good!