Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Everybody loves these and they go very quickly. These NZ 'oysters' are probably better loved than the wonderful seafood variety.
- 3 ounces sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 ounces flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Beat the sugar and eggs together well.
- Add the syrup, mix well and then add sifted dry ingredients.
- Grease a patty tin and fill each patty until it is 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350-400 deg F for 12 minutes.
- These should be light and sponge like.
- When cool, split and fill with whipped cream.