Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
From Just a Pinch Recipes online... posted here for safekeeping. Easy and quick, made with ingredients that you likely have already! Can't wait to make these... can be served warm or cold and have been compared to churros!
- 16 pieces white bread, thinly sliced with crusts removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature (1 package)
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten bread with a rolling-pin. In a bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar. In another bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Spread about 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture on each slice of bread. Roll up, jelly roll style. Dip in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.