Recipe by Sassy in da South
Dont even bother to look at the calories on this one. It's worth every one of them! These just melt in your mouth. Lovely for breakfast or just anytime of the day or nite. Best when warm (IMHO).
- 20 bake and serve Rhodes frozen rolls, thawed
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter (no substitutes)
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese with 1/4 cup brown sugar and combine well with spatula. Cover and place in refrigerator.
- Lightly coat bottom of bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter, then add remaining brown sugar and stir well.
- Bring to a light boil to caramelize then pour 1/3 of the butter/brown sugar mix across bottom of bundt pan.
- Remove cream cheese mix from refrigerator.
- Take one roll at a time into your hands and pull outward on sides to increase size slightly.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into middle of roll.
- Fold dough around the mixture, pinch closed, then roll into a tight ball. Evenly place 8 balls across bottom of bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar/cinnamon.
- Pour second 1/3 of the brown sugar/butter mixture over 8 buns.
- Repeat process with remaining 12 dough balls for second layer. First the dough balls, 2 tablespoons sugar/cinnamon and finally the remaining butter/brown sugar mix.
- Let rise for 30 minutes to 1 hour then bake for 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees. You may need to lay a piece of foil over top of pan after 40-45 minutes if buns start looking well done.
- Remove from oven then immediately turn over onto large plate. Remove bundt pan. Serve warm or room temperature.