Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just came across the recipe in my files. This is from my grandmother. She used to make these for my sisters and I when we visited her. I had to improvise the name, because on my card it's called My Grandchildren's Secret Recipe. I remember making these with her one visit. She was an amazing cook and had a way of making you feel as though 'you' were the secret ingredient in all the amazing recipes she made.
- 1 loaf soft thin sliced bread (my grandma made it with white bread)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- Cut the crust off the bread and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk.
- Spread the filling on the bread, and roll up.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar.
- Dip sticks in melted butter, and then dip in cinnamon sugar mix.
- Sticks can be frozen at this time.
- Place on greased baking sheet, and bake at 325 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
I made these and took them to work and we had people from the other office next door stoppin in to taste and get the recipe! These are incredible tasting and so easy to make. THANKS!!!
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!!! It's awesome! Made it for my sister-in-law and her husband when they visited. Her hubby isn't big on cream cheese desserts and he LOVED this one! :) I made the recipe twice within 24 hours so we could enjoy it some more! THanks again! Will be making this often!
OMG!!! I must tell you, these are "the bomb" I mean I absolutely love them. I've made your recipe 4 times now in 3 months. Twice for just my husband and I. And two other times for pot-lucks! And people loved them. They heat up very well in the microwave. I put left overs in frig and then just popped in microwave when ready to eat. The white bread idea and rolling it out.. It's genius!! Everyone thought it was dough that I made!! Anyway, I love this recipie and will keep it forever! Thank you sooo much for sharing....