Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I just came across the recipe in my files. This is from my grandmother. She used to make these for my sisters and I when we visited her. I had to improvise the name, because on my card it's called My Grandchildren's Secret Recipe. I remember making these with her one visit. She was an amazing cook and had a way of making you feel as though 'you' were the secret ingredient in all the amazing recipes she made.
- Cut the crust off the bread and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk.
- Spread the filling on the bread, and roll up.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar.
- Dip sticks in melted butter, and then dip in cinnamon sugar mix.
- Sticks can be frozen at this time.
- Place on greased baking sheet, and bake at 325 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.