Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Mmmm...three of my favorite ingredients! Give these a try for a different take on a stuffed apple! Passive time doesn't include chill time.
Top Review by Wineaux
Now that autumn is here and apples are front and center, this recipe fills the bill for "something different" and yummy, too! I made this twice - the first time, my apples kind of fell apart, but the taste was still really great. The second time, I used Granny Smith apples with much better results - the apples held together and they were "company perfect!" Thanks for sharing!
- 6 apples
- 2⁄3 cup red cinnamon candies
- 2 cups water
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and core apples.
- Mix candies and water in a saucepan and cook until candies are dissolved. Add apples. Simmer, uncovered until tender, about 15 minutes, turning them over half way through the cooking process. Chill in syrup for several hours.
- In a small bowl, blend cream cheese, milk, lemon juice, dates, pineapple and nuts. Drain apples on rack. Stuff center of apples with cream cheese mixture.
- To serve, place an apple on a serving plate. Drizzle with the syrup.