Recipe by Pinay0618
Cranberries and cinnamon are a powerful antioxidant duo in this warm and comforting dessert that will please the whole family. Any leftovers may be refrigerated and warmed in a microwave oven before serving.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups whole wheat french bread, cubes
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Mix milk, sugar, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla in large bowl until well blended.
- Stir in bread cubes, apples and cranberries. Spread evenly in 11x7-inch baking dish sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving, if desired.