Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you love cinnamon then you will love these cookies, bake them longer for a more crispy cookie, this makes a lot of cookies but they freeze well --- Source; Taste of Home Magazine :)
Top Review by Hill Family
Great cookies. They are more flavorful then a snickerdoodle. I made a few changes. I subbed 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, lemon juice for zest and only added 1 tsp nutmeg. I will definately make these again and will try as the recipe is written. Oh and I used colored sugar as white sugar is just too boring. Thanks Kitten for a new favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- additional sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar.
- Add the eggs and extracts; mix well.
- Combine the next seven ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar.
- Place 2-inches apart onto a ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 mins, or until lightly browned.