A different dessert! Great for one of the most healthful fruits!
Make and share this Cinnamon Cornbread Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups blueberries, rinsed
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, more if the fruit is sour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Spray with Pam or the equivalent.
- Filling: Toss the blueberries with the 1/2 cup sugar or more and lemon juice. Pour into a 13X9 inch oval baking dish.
- Topping: Combine the cornmeal, flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the buttermilk, melted butter, and beaten egg. Stir with a wooden spoon to blend and then mix with a fork only until the batter comes together.
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls on top of the blueberries in the pan. Bake the cobbler for 40 to 45 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the topping is firm.