1/2 Photos of Cinnamon Cornbread
From the Family Suppers cookbook which I sent to my swap partner FloridaNative. This is super!! I just had to try it. You can also make it a spicy cornbread by subbing out the cinnamon and adding 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes and reducing the sugar to 3 tbls instead of 1/3 cup. We loved it as cinnamon cornbread! I do not have a skillet, so I melted the butter in an 9-inch round baking stone (first step).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 450°F In an 8 or 9 inch cast iron skillet, melt butter. (I do not have a skillet so used a 9 inch round baking stone). Tilt pan to coat the bottom and then pour the remaining butter into a glass measure.
- 2In a medium bowl, stir together the cornmeal mix, flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- 3Add eggs and milk and stir until just blended. Then stir in remaining butter.
- 4Using a rubber spatula, scrape the batter into the skillet and smooth the top.
- 5Bake until golden and springy to the touch in the center, about 15 minutes.
- 6Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 424.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g