Kalamata Jane's Note:
Delicious! I make this on a weekly basis, and I grew up with it. This goes beautifully with some honey and/or butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups stone-ground cornmeal
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- rose water, to taste (optional)
- rosemary, to taste (optional)
- peppermint oil, to taste (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Oil a 9x9 inch baking pan. Other sizes could probably work too, just watch your baking time so it doesn't burn.
- 3Stir all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 4Stir all wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- 5Stir the wet and dry ingredients together. Keep the batter a bit lumpy.
- 6Pour batter into pan and sprinkle some extra cinnamon on top, swirling it into the batter slightly.
- 7Bake for 20-26 minutes until done. The center should spring back when touched. Let it sit 5-10 minutes before cutting, if you can resist!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.6
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Sodium 536.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 8.5 g