Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This is an adaptation of Greek shortbread and very popular in my family, especially good with a cup of strong coffee. The recipe doubles and trebles successfully.
- 250 g butter
- 125 ml icing sugar, sifted
- 270 g all-purpose flour
- 7 ml cinnamon
- 2 ml salt
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 250 ml icing sugar, sifted (extra)
- 10 ml cinnamon (extra)
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and mix in the vanilla essence.
- Make a large ball and place in the refrigerator in a plastic bag for one hour.
- Roll into little balls (about 24).
- Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 200°C.
- Mix together the extra sugar and cinnamon and roll the hot cookies in this mixture.
- Set aside to cool and store in an airtight container.