These are one of the best cookies I have ever eaten. They make up easily, and they disappear fast. I make these every year when we put up our Christmas Tree. I serve them with hot Cocoa while we decorate our tree. I swear the cookies are anticipated as much as the tree!
- In a mixer bowl, cream together sugar and butter; beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter mixture.
- Blend well.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or till firm enough to roll into balls.
- Shape dough into small balls about 3/4-inch in diameter.
- Roll in cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Set cookies 1-inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or till the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool slightly on pans, then remove to racks to cool completely.