Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Good Housekeeping's Book of Cookies.
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease 9 x 9 x 2 pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinammon.
- Mix until creamy, shortening,sugar, whole egg and one egg yolk.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture. Spread in pan. Beat egg white until stiff. Spread over batter. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool in pan and then cut into squares.
Thes were tasty, but just turned out too dry for us - even though I didn't overbake them or anything. Thanks.