Recipe by grandma2969
Only makes 16--believe me, it won't be enough. They are kind of like a snickerdoodle, only better--I think with the addition of cinnamon chips. They are great for the times you do not want a lot of cookies laying around to tempt you...
Top Review by Khadu'ja
I made a very happy mistake with my first batch and added the teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the dough. Before realizing that it was meant for the cinnamon & sugar mix to roll the little dough balls in before putting on the baking sheets. My second batch I used unsalted butter and left the cinnamon out of the dough. Either way, they are delicious!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- If using dark or nonstick pans, only preheat to 350°F.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs in large bowl, with mixer on medium speed till creamy.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Stir in cinnamon chips and pecans.
- Mix 2 tbs sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Shape dough by 1/4 cupfuls into balls.
- Roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture and then place balls 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet--do not flatten.
- Bake 13-17 minutes or until they appear "set" or light brown.
- Immediately remove them from sheet to rack to cool completely.