Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like this recipe because it is so simple to make. I read that cinnamon is very good for you. I found a cinnamon cookie here, but I didn't like that it didn't hold together. I took a recipe of mine and adapted it to the Cinnamon Cookie I wanted. If you choose to glaze this cookie, warm the frosting in the microwave so that it can be spread thinly.
- Mix sugar, oil, molasses and egg.
- Stir in flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Press the dough into a solid ball and divide in half with a knife.
- Shape each half into a strip 15" x 1-1/2" 3" apart on a greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. You may use a rolling pin to help flatten.
- Bake 375° until edges are light brown and tops are cracked, 6-7 minutes (soft), 8-9 minutes (crisp).
- If you want you can glaze them now coming out of the oven with a powdered sugar, milk & vanilla paste.
- Warm glaze in microwave before spreading on warm cookies.
- Cool 2 minutes.
- Cut each strip crosswise into slices for cookie bars.
- Let cool and enjoy.
I thought I posted this, but it doesn't show up. Anyway, where do the ground pecans come in?<br/><br/>Thanks!
This is so good and EASY that I've made it twice in less than a week! My suggestion, though, is to actually make individual cookies. I found that making it in the bar format took upwards of 20 minutes to finish (kept having to put it back in and put it back in), while individual cookies only took 6-8. (And maybe I'll actually *share* this batch ...)