Recipe by Djoanne
I like this recipe because it is so simple to make. I read that cinnamon is very good for you. I found a cinnamon cookie here, but I didn't like that it didn't hold together. I took a recipe of mine and adapted it to the Cinnamon Cookie I wanted. If you choose to glaze this cookie, warm the frosting in the microwave so that it can be spread thinly.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup ground pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, oil, molasses and egg.
- Stir in flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Press the dough into a solid ball and divide in half with a knife.
- Shape each half into a strip 15" x 1-1/2" 3" apart on a greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. You may use a rolling pin to help flatten.
- Bake 375° until edges are light brown and tops are cracked, 6-7 minutes (soft), 8-9 minutes (crisp).
- If you want you can glaze them now coming out of the oven with a powdered sugar, milk & vanilla paste.
- Warm glaze in microwave before spreading on warm cookies.
- Cool 2 minutes.
- Cut each strip crosswise into slices for cookie bars.
- Let cool and enjoy.