I like this recipe because it is so simple to make. I read that cinnamon is very good for you. I found a cinnamon cookie here, but I didn't like that it didn't hold together. I took a recipe of mine and adapted it to the Cinnamon Cookie I wanted. If you choose to glaze this cookie, warm the frosting in the microwave so that it can be spread thinly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix sugar, oil, molasses and egg.
- 2Stir in flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Press the dough into a solid ball and divide in half with a knife.
- 5Shape each half into a strip 15" x 1-1/2" 3" apart on a greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. You may use a rolling pin to help flatten.
- 6Bake 375° until edges are light brown and tops are cracked, 6-7 minutes (soft), 8-9 minutes (crisp).
- 7If you want you can glaze them now coming out of the oven with a powdered sugar, milk & vanilla paste.
- 8Warm glaze in microwave before spreading on warm cookies.
- 9Cool 2 minutes.
- 10Cut each strip crosswise into slices for cookie bars.
- 11Let cool and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Cookie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.1
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 289.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 2.5 g