Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
I enjoy flavored coffees but can't stand the mess that comes with the usual cinnamon coffee -- ground cinnamon on the beans clogging the filter and leaving a mortar-like sludge all over everything. Here's a better way to enjoy that delicious flavor. It works well in a drip pot. I don't know if it would work in a percolator or not.
- Measure your usual quantity of coffee into the filter of your 10-12 cup drip pot.
- Hit the half cinnamon stick with a hammer or meat mallet to break it into splintery pieces -- not too huge, not too fine. Put the cinnamon splinters into the filter with the coffee.
- Pour the vanilla over the coffee and cinnamon in the filter.
- Fill your drip machine with water in your usual way. Run it to make the coffee, using the "strong" selection on the slide if there is one.
- Good hot or iced with sweetener and whitener of your choice.
- Note -- A dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of ground cinnamon makes an elegant presentation for a special occasion.
- Note -- Works just fine on decaf too.
Mmm. Very tasty. I used about 3/4 of a cinnamon stick because I'm a cinnamon lover, and stirred in an oz. of almond milk and finished it off with a dallop of cool whip Free and a sprinkle of cinnamon. divine and only 15 calories for a huge mug! Thanks for the recipe :)
I made this in my cup instead of the pot because dh lacks an appreciation of what he calls "fancy coffee". I put a cinnamon stick in my coffee almost daily but the added bit of vanilla was a lovely touch. I used a splash of fat free evaporated milk as well. A wonderful morning pleasure.