Prep 9 mins
Cook 25 mins
These sugar-crusted nuts, accented with coffee flavor, make a great gift.
- 709.77 ml pecan halves
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml water
- 14.79 ml instant coffee granules
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.25 ml salt
- Spread pecans in an ungreased roasting pan or 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar and remaining 4 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until sugar and coffee dissolve, stirring often.
- Add pecans, and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread pecans in ungreased pan.
- Bake at 300 for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Cool completely; store in an airtight container.
A crowd pleaser all the way! I made it for a Christmas get together and while the boys watched football they killed half the bowl (I made double the recipe with both pecans and walnuts). Very simple and was a delicious addition to morning yogurt and a friend ended up topping her cheesecake with it. I wish I had caramel sauce for her because it would've been fab. Definitely a keeper :)
These are quite nice. I followed Momaphets suggestion and skipped the first baking of the pecans. I think that I'm glad I did. The sugar candy on the nuts set up not hard but firm and yet the nuts are still tender. The flavor is excellent. Made for Comfort Cafe, Jan '10.
These were really good and alot easier to make than I thought it would be. Too bad they didn't last long in my house! Must make again!